seriouslyreadabook

Peter Swanson
Data Points: Visualization That Means Something
Nathan Yau
James Buchanan
Jean H. Baker, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.

Bartleby, the Scrivener (Dodo Press)

Bartleby, the Scrivener - Herman Melville

I picked this up after it was referenced in an episode of Archer (Skorpio, if you're curious) a method which has, in the past, introduced me to the wonders of PG Wodehouse- so I trust Adam Reed's taste.

I've been on a bit of a plot-heavy reading kick of late and had forgotten just how much I love to read someone like Melville whose sequences of words unto themselves are small wonders to behold. There's something satisfying about this story without real resolution because life is full of characters we encounter but never fully comprehend...

Also, I maintain that it would be a waste if the names of this cast of scriveners were never to be given to some future lineup of pets I will someday have to acquire...Turkey, Nippers, Ginger Nut, and, of course, for the one who's always just a bit off and ever-elusive, who I want so badly to understand, but whose actions continue to boggle my mind despite my best efforts- Bartleby.