seriouslyreadabook

Peter Swanson
Data Points: Visualization That Means Something
Nathan Yau
James Buchanan
Jean H. Baker, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.

The Hunter: A Parker Novel (Parker Novels)

The Hunter: A Parker Novel (Parker Novels) - Richard Stark Looking for a gangster with a heart of gold or maybe a heister living by some thieves' code of honor? In that case, you probably won't dig Parker. He's a simple man really, not one for small talk or emotions. He's just 100% bad ass and doing what he's gotta do.

By part two of this book I was experiencing what I can only describe as some sort of anticipatory excitement...not exactly blood lust, more the kind of feeling you get when you've lit a firework and are waiting for it to explode, or that moment when some rube spills his beer on Jackie Chan or Jason Statham and you know some serious ass-kicking is about to ensue...

I loved this book for its simplicity. Like Parker, the author sticks to his point. There are no unnecessary side stories or romances (though you do get to live vicariously through Parker's mark for a while). Read this when you feel like taking a swing at the world.