seriouslyreadabook

Peter Swanson
Data Points: Visualization That Means Something
Nathan Yau
James Buchanan
Jean H. Baker, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.

Preacher, Book 3 (Preacher Deluxe #3)

Preacher, Book 3 - Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon

At this point, I feel like it's pretty safe to assume that if Garth Ennis was involved in the writing, production, or even coffee-fetching for something, then it's probably not well-suited for children. Actually, if you can be offended by almost anything, then you should probably cease and desist with reading this review right now.

Ok, now that I've whittled my audience down to only the truly depraved, I can freely admit that this third volume of Preacher was awesome!!* Sick and twisted? Yes. Fun to read and chock full of badass artwork? Also yes.

As one might have guessed based on the cover, we start off this episode alongside The Saint of Killers (if you need to brush up on this character, his biosketch is in my book 1 review). And we all know that dude's one terrifying mofo!

Saint of Killers Eyes

What we don't know, however, is how he got that way— everyone loves a good origin story. And Ennis creates one ugly picture (both figuratively and literally) when it comes to Gumbo McCready.

Gumbo McCready Saloon

Of course, the Devil is also involved (whose banter with the Angel of Death, and general malaise reminded me of Satan and Saddam in South Park).

Sad Satan

Flash over to where we were at the end of Preacher Book 2, and you might recall that the trio of Preacher Jesse Custer, Tulip and Cassidy (aka Cass) were involved in a whole other scene of trouble.

I suppose the summary of said events depends on who you ask. Herr Starr, for one, can always be counted on to put things delicately.

Herr Starr Summary

For a different perspective on what our favorite trio's been up to, we could also ask Arseface.

Arseface Summary

But, as for the twists and turns this time around, I'll leave you to discover those debauched delights for yourselves. However, there is at least one player who's still on the lam…

Preacher WTFIG

______________________________________________

* There's been some confusion in the past about which Preacher book contains which volumes etc., so I apologize if I'm a bit out of whack with your third Preacher, but, you'll just have to deal with it.